Thread: Heat fly rod
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 12:40 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heat fly rod

The reality is that no one here has cast one. If you have the ability to cast it, make it happen. Only you can make the decision on whether to get the combination.

A 40 foot plus cast can be done with a shorter rod as long as you are using the right leader and fly strategy. If you plan on using a large fly, upsize your tippet end to maybe 20 to 30 pound test. I'm testing another brand's short bass rod (8 weight rating). The line that I use is a 315 grain floater with a six foot leader (40 pound butt, 30 pound mid, 25 pound tippet). It throws large 3/0 deer hair and foam poppers to 40 feet with ease. When I throw on a sparse streamer like a Clouser Minnow pattern, I can almost throw double that.

I am with others on this. For $100 (a bit more with reel and line) give it a whirl.

Dennis