View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 10:29 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: Landing a Fish 101

my advice would be to get them to your reel asap and make sure you have already set your drag very lightly and just palm the reel when it runs away from you and just let um run a couple times without manhandling it till it gets tired.. you will kno when to reel him in and let him run. if it don't run or it comes torwards you then you reel if it turns and takes off let him go but always keep your fly rod bent . not to much but not too little. just in the middle. I almost use it as a guage as to when to reel and when to let um run. once you get the idea down its not that hard. also if it seems you get lots of break offs try some new tippet as it could be be old and not any good. my cousin lost a few fish cause they never took my advice of not to leave there vests in the trunk of the car 24/7 in the summer lol. told them but no they rather learn the hard way. good luck. I have caught 28 inch steelies this way and never ahd a break off. I was using 3x and 4x tippet tho.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.