View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 09:23 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: MAD river in ohio?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuronRiverDan View Post
You mentioned the Clear Fork; how's the fishing there? I want to come down and fish it along with the Mad one of these days.

Dan
Sacrilege!!! Unless you have wanderlust Dan, I don't see a reason to leave the green pastures of MI to come here. I'll wager that there are more trout in the 8 miles of "Holy Water" than there are in our whole dang state!

Jk, do as you wish, but don't say I didn't tell ya so when you catch them pale white trout with bellies full of corn.

Though the scenery at Mohican is A++, that is OH at its finest. One of the main access points to the Clearfork is down a curvy mountain road; breathtaking views from the very top, and the river runs through a pretty deep canyon at the bottom. Remembering that makes me want to get out there, flyrod or not...There is a nice campground down there right on the river with some good fishing from there downstream.

While we are on the subject; anyone know of any other trout streams in OH other than Mad, Clearfork, and Apple creek?