View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:42 PM

hillbilly rick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newb with casting and line problems

Silver Creek,
Thank you for the links. I'd never heard of bass taper until today. I had no idea there were so many types of WF line.I thought they were the same taper.
I'll see if I can get the Mrs. to film me and then see if I'm smart enough to post it(old dog, new trick thing).
The reason I wade so deep is the water is that deep from the bank and now deeper in the middle. We used to wade up the middle and hit the holes on the sides and the water was only knee deep. This years floods really changed the river and the smallies are about 70ft. out jumping up and laughing at me, callin' my name, well I better stop there before someone thinks I'm as twisted as my line. The Mrs. already does but hey, we're all fisherman here right?
YES, when the water is deep I hit it on the back cast. I s'pose I need to figger a different way.
So, bass taper line, don't wade so deep, have wife get vid of me and earplugs so I can't hear the fish teasing me.
Thanks again,
Rick
P.S. should I seal the end of my line before tying the leader on? I did not. I use a nail knot.