View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:33 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Redington Drift or Cortland Retro???

I want an affordable click and pawl reel, and these two look nice. Does anyone have experience with both? Dennis??? It's for an 8'6" ZXL 4wt. The Abel Creek LA looks nice as well, but I could get two or three Drifts or Retro reels for the price of one Abel. My wife fishes as well, so everything I get has to come in pairs. The Cortland reel is supposed to weigh 3.35 oz in the 4/5 wt size, but I want the more rugged of the two. There aren't any dealers in my area, so help. Oh yeah! Which is more likely to have a foot that fits in the narrow reel seat of a Sage rod? (Dennis again.... ) Judging from the photos I've seen, the Cortland is the classier looking reel, but neither holds a candle to an Abel. The idea of dropping $600 on two Abel light-duty reels is more than I can cope, so......