View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Beauty of It;

Hi Guys,

Dave, I'm using a 13' two hand rod so I'm not really very close to the target. I do sneak along the shore and look for the fish but that trout was hard to spot, I had no idea it was there till it took up the fly. The are where I was at has a deep channel about 25" across X 5' deep, the fish are in that deep water.

Milt, I fish the water about 30 miles above the tidewater but based on the fact that the trout don't appear until the salmon come up I figure they are salters. For food the rivers are full of fish fry. In any river that has a run of pink salmon there are literally hundreds of thousands of fry headed for the ocean every year by this time. I catch lots of trout using my Nine Three streamer when I am focused on trout fishing. The fly is a good representation of any of the species of salmon fry.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;