Thread: River Float...
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 02:42 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default River Float...

Two of my fishing buddies and I did a float trip with our pontoons on one of our favorite local streams. This section of the river is our "Long Float", and usually takes us 10 to 12 hours depending on how cooperative the fish are...

The day started out a bit slow for all of us; the fish didn't want anything to do with top water flies. We fished crayfish imitations, streamers, and leech patterns for the most part.

Click the image to open in full size.
This is a nice Smallie taken by Gary with a Crayfish pattern...

Jim favors a Leech pattern and does very well with them...

I took a few on Crayfish and a few including this little guy on the Leech...

Pike like Crayfish to, I was going to make a few casts on the flat in front of where we took a lunchbreak...2/3 of a warmwater slam; now where are those Carp...

Got off the river about 9:30 PM; a long day but fun; and No, didn't manage a slam this trip.

Dan