View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 07:54 PM

burk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really nice
Default Re: New Yellowstone Angler 8 Weight Shootout Discussion

I thought it was a good read, I didn't find it any more or less objective than the last test. To me the suprise was the subpar placements of both the Winston B IIMX and the Hardy Proaxis. I have spent very little time with the eight weight Proaxis. They are in short supply-someone must like them.

I do know that he loved the Hardy one piece, rating it the best rod he tested overall. I know that my six weight four piece Proaxis is a cannon, and it does like aggressive lines. It's interesting that he tested the eight weights with 250 grain heads. I throw 200's and 250's all day streamer fishing in MI with the six. Here's Bob Linesmans take on the six weight

Quote:
At the top of the list is the amazing Hardy Pro Axis 9' 6wt at $685.00. This rod is fast and powerful and will punch out big flies through rough weather all day long without beating the angler into a fatigued and twitching pulp. It is a saltwater design (Hardy engineers and famed angler Andy Mill) with oversized titanium "recoil" guides and a flawless, bulletproof finish.
Bob Linsenman's Au Sable Angler: 989-826-8500: Michigan fly fishing shop and flyfishing guides on Michigan's Au Sable (Ausable) River in Mio, Michigan. Serving flyfishers with fly rods, fly reels, fly lines, trout flies, flyfishing accessories, and g