View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 07:54 PM
burk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really niceburk48237 is just really nice
Default Re: New Yellowstone Angler 8 Weight Shootout Discussion

I thought it was a good read, I didn't find it any more or less objective than the last test. To me the suprise was the subpar placements of both the Winston B IIMX and the Hardy Proaxis. I have spent very little time with the eight weight Proaxis. They are in short supply-someone must like them.

I do know that he loved the Hardy one piece, rating it the best rod he tested overall. I know that my six weight four piece Proaxis is a cannon, and it does like aggressive lines. It's interesting that he tested the eight weights with 250 grain heads. I throw 200's and 250's all day streamer fishing in MI with the six. Here's Bob Linesmans take on the six weight

At the top of the list is the amazing Hardy Pro Axis 9' 6wt at $685.00. This rod is fast and powerful and will punch out big flies through rough weather all day long without beating the angler into a fatigued and twitching pulp. It is a saltwater design (Hardy engineers and famed angler Andy Mill) with oversized titanium "recoil" guides and a flawless, bulletproof finish.
Bob Linsenman's Au Sable Angler: 989-826-8500: Michigan fly fishing shop and flyfishing guides on Michigan's Au Sable (Ausable) River in Mio, Michigan. Serving flyfishers with fly rods, fly reels, fly lines, trout flies, flyfishing accessories, and g