View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 09:48 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Yellowstone Angler 8 Weight Shootout Discussion

I don't think George Anderson is being dishonest at all, nor is he trying to get free advertising. If you watch the video above, Anderson says, "Go to your local fly shop, and find which rod is best for you." In fact, he says it a few times.

P.S. The shootouts do get people talking, but that's a good thing. If you go to my local fly shops, the owners and employees
will not offer advice in the organized manner that Anderson does. One shop's advice is "Buy Winston"...period. Why? Because that's what they like, and you should like it too. The other shops are Orvis dealers, and you can guess which rods they like. I
forgot to mention that in the above video, Anderson says that some people are only interested in casting an 8wt in close, and
others out far, and the shootout results have to be viewed according to your needs.

Last edited by FrankB2; 07-18-2011 at 10:15 AM.