View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Overlooking Midge Larva?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezamora View Post
i find it interesting that you used a straight shanked hook for your midge larvae fly. i usually see them tied with curved shanks. is there a reason for this? i've never fished midges in any form but know i should and will try whenever i go fishing again. whenever that will be...

eric
fresno, ca.
I prefer them on a curved shank hook myself. They just look more alive to me.

My favorite midge built that way uses light blue wrapped flashabou mirage for the body and the two tails with a grey lump of thread for a head. I think I usually fish a 20 or 22.

And I definitely think midges are worth the time and fuss involved with tying them on, especially on a slower, deeper, heavily fished river. Its another case where doing-what-the-others-aren't increases your chances.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.