View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Which reel for a Sage TXL 0 or 1 wt?

Hi DawgU,

I think you might add the Galvan OB-1 to your list. It has an unbelievably smooth drag. Galvan is my favorite Trout reel. It is only 2 3/4" diameter.

The Ross Evolution is a great reel but I don't like the incoming click. The Lamson Litespeed is another great reel but I don't like the way the spool is held into the frame. It uses a rubber "O" ring to hold the spool in place. It does fit very tight but I don't like the design. That doesn't mean that the design is not good. It is simply personal choice. I don't know anything about the Sage 3100.

You will be happy with the Galvan, Ross or Lampson.

Galvan Open Back Reel

OB-1 (2.75) Diameter
3/4" Width
3.9 oz Weight
WF-2-F 50 yd
WF-3-F 30 yd

Click the image to open in full size.