View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 12:08 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AFFTA Joins TU in Opposing Bill that would Trash America's Backcountry

I think this is a case of uneducated panic on the part of TU and whoever they talked into going along with it. It does not touch anything designated as a widerness area. It only effects BLM managed land that does not fit the criteria of being "Wilderness". There have been a number of things recently, one being the "Brown Trout Kill Mob" of TU's that make one wonder what has happened to them. If you remember I called the fisheries office involved in the area of the aforementioned clobber a Brown Trout project of theirs and was told by the fisheries biologist for the area that it was a bad idea and they were not contacted or consulted in any way before TU went all militia on the trout. I just read the bill proposal and it is at this point just a proposal. It's not a "put roads everywhere" bill as stated by TU and AFFTA. I think it another case where like the fisheries biologist I mentioned said, " I think it's a case of trying to look like they're doing something." It says NON WIDERNESS AREAS right in the bill.

I'd just like to add there would be a lot less problems if everyone, us and politicians did what I just did and read the dang bills.