View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 11:21 PM

Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Re: Things about Flyfishing I'll Never Understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccadon3000 View Post
I'm not a member of PETA
I am a member of PETA-People Eating Tasty Animals.

I have no moral issues with catching fish. I never even consider whether I am causing them pain. My reason's for fishing and doing everything I can when handling those I catch with care in the hope of not killing them are purely selfish. I fly fish, because I love the challenge, it makes me feel good, and it allows me to get away from everything and forget everything else. I handle them with care so that hopefully they will be their next time for my pleasure. I also catch fish, because I love eating fish although I seldom eat fresh water fish so the vast majority of time I release all fresh water fish.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.