View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 01:22 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Amazing natural caster...the update.

Some of you may remember that summer before last I taught a guy how to cast a fly rod, and literally within an hour was casting pretty much all of an 80 foot line. He had the backing knot out of the reel but couldn't quite get the 2 or 3 feet to go. It's a thread called Amazing natural caster. I went with him to the park today and he tried casting my 8 wt. rod with my Trevor Morgan 7 wt. line on it. It is a 95' line and he shot 25' of backing out of the rod. It gets better. He then took a Cabela's cheap model 6 wt. rod with a $10 K-Mart 4 wt. line and did 116' and 117' casts repeatedly. I taped them. It gets better still. He then took just the top half of the 6 wt. rod and cast about 105'. I'm going to get video of him casting and if he lets me I'll post it. It's pretty amazing to watch somebody shoot the backing out of the rod. I think if you gave this guy a top of the line rod and a good distance line he'd be able to compete with the best of them.