View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AFFTA Joins TU in Opposing Bill that would Trash America's Backcountry

Another link for anyone who has trouble opening the link above.
AFFTA Joins TU in Opposing Bill Removing Wilderness Protections | MidCurrent

A summary of the bill.
H.R. 1581 - Summary: Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011 (GovTrack.us)

The long form.
Read The Bill: H.R. 1581 - GovTrack.us

While TU does do some things that I personally find troubling, their overall goal is for the good of our fisheries and trout. As Jackster, I'll continue to support them.

TU is only a part of the Front against this legislation, and AFFTA is a coalition of hundreds if not thousands of fly fishing associated businesses, manufacturers, and Guides. A peek at the BOD.American Fly Fishing Trade Association > Board of Directors + Staff

So to say that this is "uneducated panic on the part of TU and whoever they talked into going along with it" is not accurate. I'm quite sure that this Bill has been read, reread, and reread again by many who are far smarter than I am. In my reading and comprehension of it.....it seems like they are doing nothing more than trying to keep the door closed to more Industrial/Commercial access, we all know where that road leads.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Last edited by fysh; 07-25-2011 at 11:52 PM.