View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 12:53 PM

TexUte Fly will become famous soon enoughTexUte Fly will become famous soon enough
Default cant get them on the hook?

thanks for the help guys. i ended up going out with my 4wt the past two days and only bringing dries to make sure i wouldnt be tempted to switch to nymphs. well in 2 days i had close to 25 strikes in prob 4 hours of fishing (some were the same fish) 3 of these i popped the fly off and 1 was on, but i turned to yell at my dog, went to recast and there was a fish there. so i go to the fly shop to ask what i was doing wrong. they said i was pulled to hard and fast. i needed to be more gentle and take a small breath then pull. well today i was doing that and didnt even feel a fish on my line, nor did i loose a fly. so is the fish slapping my fly and not eating it, or me? i pretty much pull once the splash has stopped, i would think id atleast feel a fish even if i didnt hook it if it ate my fly. do i need to let it take the fly under? i just get really excited when i see that splash. when i founder fish i know you feel the tug count to 5 then pull, is it something like that with these trout? why am i not hooking any?

yesterday they wanted an orange stimulator in 16, and today a yellow sally size 18 was doin the trick. oh and we are speaking of brown trout here.