View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 09:27 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazing natural caster...the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
This is a photo of my Trevor Morgan 8 wt. line out of the rod. It's a 95' line. By the way, his line speed....if it was any faster it would be traveling back in time. This was not his best cast either.
Click the image to open in full size.

Impressive Dan!

Why not give him a good 5 wt. and see what distance he can cast it? If it's in the 110+' range, then he'd be within shooting distance of Rajeff's best on the older Best of the West competitions (approx. 120', I think).

If gear is a problem, then I'd take him to your local Fly Shop, explain how he can cast and they might give you a good loaner rod, and maybe a reel and line, just to see what the result is. Being associated with excellence in anything related to fly fishing is never a bad thing for a local shop.

Pocono