View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 06:33 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is there a Fly Rod that you wouldn't part with?

We've had some recent threads talking about high-end and low-end gear, and probably everything in between. As I was thinking more about that topic, I started to slice it in a different direction and began to focus on the rods that I really like; regardless of price or manufacturer. Those are the rods that I wouldn't give up. It's a short list; here are my "keeper" rods:

1. Diamondback Diamondglass 7'6" 3 wt. (ideal for native Brookies in small freestone streams)
2. Sage Z-axis 9'0" 5 wt. (the best all-around rod that I've ever fished)
3. Sage TCX 9'0" 7 wt. (level lined, overlined for Bones on the windy flats or underlined for a sleepy Smallmouth fisherman, this is one nice stick)
4. Scott S4S 9'0" 9 wt. (a new rod for me, but it looks like love at first bite: this one shoots more line than you carry in the air on your backcast; great for quick, accurate deliveries of prarie dog-sized flies in coldwater salt fishing conditions)

That's it for me. The rest; outside of the sentimental keepers, could all go........if they really had to.....

What are your keeper rods; the ones that you simply wouldn't give up?

Pocono

Last edited by Pocono; 07-27-2011 at 11:18 AM.