View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 10:13 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is there a Fly Rod that you wouldn't part with?

Right now I like to think I won't part with several of my Winston BIIx's. I thought that about my old Loomis GLX classics too so that might possibly change. With the economy the way it is I am one of the huge number of people who were once buying what they liked but now have to be satisfied with what we got. Needless to say, I think I bought right when I could and I am quite satisfied.

Two known keepers that stood the test of time are my Winston IM-6 TMF and my 6' 10", 3 weight Scott G. Both bring huge smiles to my face when I use them.
I've hung on to an Orvis 2 weight One Ounce purchased when they came out and used it a lot at first. Nowadays I just don't get to the places that rod shines in so it is in gathering dust mode. I actually bought this same rod twice but that's another story.