View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 11:52 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a Fly Rod that you wouldn't part with?

I worked in retail while in college, and was a partner in a highly profitable bike shop during the early 1990's. EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE! .....Seriously! One of my two partners brought a brand new Schwinn tandem to the shop on a Saturday morning. Schwinn had stopped making tandems, and this was made in the USA. She was wrenching on a bike, and I wheeled the tandem onto the showroom floor, assuming it was for sale (I took care of 95% of all sales). It only took 30 minutes before I had a customer, and he agreed to buy at collector price. While I was writing up the bill, my partner asked what I was doing. "Making you quite a profit", I said. She tore up the bill, and said the bike wasn't for sale. We argued for the next hour about the meaning of retail, but she wouldn't part with it.

As far as I'm concerned, everything has a price. Body parts might sell for much more, but make me an offer.