View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazing natural caster...the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
It is amazing. Bring on that video!

On that 115' cast, how much line is he carrying in the air on the final backcast and how much is he shooting on the final forward cast?

Pocono
It was hard to tell with all of the lines he did it with except my Trevor Morgan 7 wt. It has a 43 1/2' head which is white and a green running line. He tried a couple of things because he was not used to my rod or my line, but he never had leass than about 50' in the air before he shot. Even when he had more than that it never relly ever got closer to the ground than about his waist. He even did it on his knees and didn't hit the ground. I'm not sure he believes me when I tell him there are not a lot of people who can cast like that. I can hit 100' and in fact hit 95' in the couple of casts I did when we were at the park. But there is no way I can come close to as far as he can cast. He has an amazing stroke. As I said that whole 10 and 2 thing is out the window with him. He is going almost flat both front and back. When he double hauls his hands end as far apart as he can get them. His casting hand stays level with the ground. No up and down movements. It would take a bit of adjusting to my style to duplicate his. My hauls are not nearly as radical as his and I stick more to the 10 and 2 thing. I may have to try serious distance casting. It's amazing to watch.