View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 07:06 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Amazing natural caster...the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Impressive Dan!

Why not give him a good 5 wt. and see what distance he can cast it? If it's in the 110+' range, then he'd be within shooting distance of Rajeff's best on the older Best of the West competitions (approx. 120', I think).

If gear is a problem, then I'd take him to your local Fly Shop, explain how he can cast and they might give you a good loaner rod, and maybe a reel and line, just to see what the result is. Being associated with excellence in anything related to fly fishing is never a bad thing for a local shop.

Pocono
Another thing in the Best of the West Competition Finals, was it was indoors. And the lines were a SA Distance line that I'm not sure is an OTC line at 95'.
ISE Sportsman Competitions
Jackster, I think everyone got tired of the same old guy and gals throwing the line. Except for Rajeff. He's a rock star of the fly fishing world.