View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 08:15 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Broken Rod Poll; Edited, New Catagory added.

Last year I was onstream and just about mid-day my rod snapped about six inches below the ferrule. It was a 7.5 foot, 4wt, two piece before that. I could either pack it in for the day or try to make do with the stub, I decided to make do. I put the piece with the handle and reel seat in my daypack and left the short male section in the ferrule. I was wading wet with zip off cargo pants so I pulled some line and put the reel in the cargo pocket on the left quadriceps and proceeded to catch about 20 more browns on the way back to my vehicle. My right hand was a little sore where the stub met my palm and fingers hurt from gripping the small circumference of the bare rod, but it was worth it. milt.