View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazing natural caster...the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
If gear is a problem, then I'd take him to your local Fly Shop, explain how he can cast and they might give you a good loaner rod, and maybe a reel and line, just to see what the result is.
Pocono
I missed that line. The problem there is that there is no local fly shop. We are pretty much the only two that fly fish here. The nearest real fly shop I know of is a good 4 hour drive from here going South. I'm not sure what distance it is up in Canada. He doesn't even tell most of the guys up there he fly fishes. He said "They'd give me all kinds of grief." or something to that effect. I may have the exact words a bit off but the sentiment is the same. Might have been "guff". I wish we did have one closer but I'm afraid they'd be doomed. How long can you stay in business with two coustomers?

I just talked to him and he wanted me to mention that while the Cabela's 3 Forks rod is no Winston (His Dream rod, along with a Japanese fiberglass rod from a co. named Kabuto ) It'll "git 'er done."

Last edited by Guest1; 07-28-2011 at 12:43 AM. Reason: add something