View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 11:52 PM

FlyRichardFly will become famous soon enoughFlyRichardFly will become famous soon enough
Default Strange night tonight!

The Susquehanna is so hot and shallow now that I've been fishing after dark with black woolybuggers and a intermediate line.
I love to go out by myself. The quiet beautiful river has fish on the surface when the sun goes down. Also the smallmouth bass are in a decline, so I target the channel cats.
Tonight I went to a remote area and started at 8:30 and fished until 10:30. I caught 4 channel cats with my flyrod and waded back to the shore. I walked down the path with my tiny waterproof flashlight and when I came to the gravel road I saw someone walking towards me.
"Hey, man, can you drive me to a store to get some cigarettes?" "I have the money in my pocket, all I need is a ride"
At first he looked at me mad. I thought he was going to swing at me. He didn't blink and I could see that he was wacked out on drugs.
I said "hey, dude, I'm late for work..... sorry"
Luckly, he was a small guy...... maybe 5'10" and weighed 150. I'm a big guy at 6'4" and weigh 240. I put my tackle in the trunk and then opened my door. On the other side of my car he said "Hey, man, can you spot me a few bucks?"
I said "Sorry, I left my wallet at home"
I knew that I could beat him up, but I thought he might have a knife or a gun in his pocket.
I said "Just a minute, wait there" I quickly started my car and backed up. He hit my window and said "where ya goin?"
Really a shame. I love to fish remote areas and most people don't like to stay as late as I do.
BPS has some cheap handguns for under $500. I'm not a felon, so I can get a firearms holder permit for $35.
The handguns aren't waterproof, so I'll have to leave it in my car.
If I only wound the next thief, he will be coming after me for the rest of my life...... and he will hire a lawyer to sue me and say it's all my fault. So sad to say, but I'll have to make sure he's dead and then call the cops.
Everything is strange now. All the fish species are in a major decline. People don't have a morality anymore. Everything is upside down.
No more night fishing alone until I get a gun.

"People are crazy, times are strange"
"I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range"
"I used to care, but things have changed"
- Dylan