View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazing natural caster...the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegboy1 View Post
"......allow him to carry 70' of line, and he ...."
He actually aerialized pretty much my entire Trevor Morgan line and it's 95'. He said the amount you can keep in the air does not end up being the amount you can cast. What it means is by getting an extra 40 in the air does not mean the fly will land an extra 40' away. As I had said before, he asked me to show him how to cast a fly rod summer before last. Right about 2 years ago exactly. He was amazing within an hour. He then did a great deal of looking on the internet and you tube (A great resource for many things). He said the best caster on the planet is probably a guy named Fredrik Hedman. He did 117' on a 3 wt. rod with a 3 wt. line. I found a you tube video of the guy casting. In it you can see he drops the rod below 3 o'clock on the back cast but if you look close the line still stays high. This is called a bouncing bomb. It is in the point he releases the line not where he stops the rod. I talked distance casting with my friend last night for 4 straight hours,and learned a lot about it. There are some sites where serious distance casters post and discuss the subject. He has taken what I showed him gone to these sites and left me far behind. Here is Hedman;

Last edited by Guest1; 07-31-2011 at 04:22 PM.