View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 03:53 AM

fishin fever will become famous soon enoughfishin fever will become famous soon enough
Question slow,medium ,fast med/fast etc etc please explain

Hi all searching for flyfishin info and came across this site ,love it. Doug Macnair 's "the fly cast: concepts& comments .........couldn,t hit print fast enough, If i can't find the book in hard copy then e book will do . O'k back to topic got interested in fly fishin a few years back with a few days at casting school ..then moved to the west coast all of my nieghbors are salt water salmon fishermen so it.s been 3 years of mooching for salmon now don''t get me wrong it's been fun but this old country boy loves the wilderness . I picked up a great deal on float tube waders etcetc and now am longing to buy a good 5wt 9 ft rod to replace the cheap martin trophy /yard sale special i've heard that a good rod makes a lot of differance in inproving cast presentation and fighting 2 shops to choice from... outfitter store carries only sage rods and islander reels and the huge fly shop carries orvis .g-loomis,scott,powell ,temple fork outfitters and rl winston and many reels .I want to buy a good rod and not waste money upgrading ...trout 1 to 5lbs bass up to 4 lbs small lakes fast rivers ..lots of nymph and buggers, chrominids i'm leaning toward the sage FLi 590-2 not sure on tip speed , is a fast tip/rod for exp casters only shoud i seek a slower rod from the chioces above / what does all this rod speed translate to in casting styles thanks for the help ..eric