View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Southern Mayland Salt Newbie

Hi Robert,

I used to live in Portsmouth VA. and fished over on the Peninsula (Eastern Shore) for sea trout. The best places were coves and any estuary where a stream came in. Along the surf the bluefish run and they can make for an exciting day. Tossing into the surf and letting the fly swing with the drift I have caught fish I couldn't identify. Flounder will grab a weighted fly drug along the bottom, I've gotten them here in AK. and down in VA. both.

Goggle your tides and fish with the incoming tide and stay with it until the tide is on the drop. When the fishing slacks off it's time to go. If you have time get on Rt. 13 across the Bay Bridge at Annapolis and go down the peninsula. I've fished beach's from the Assateaque Bay / Island area down to Accomac and had great days. My favorite was Toms Beach in the Assateaque Island State Park.

Welcome to the forum Robert, I never became a hard core salt guy because I kept driving north west into the Blue Ridge Mountains chasing the trout every chance I had.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;