View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 04:48 PM

o mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rough
Default o mykiss's picture thread

so i've decided...instead of creating a new thread everyday, i'm just going to have ONE ongoing thread to which i will keep adding photos and blurbs.

feel free to contribute!

today (8/5/11):
some scenery:
Click the image to open in full size.

fishing was kinda slow.... maybe because it rained yesterday and a little this morning. i've been told by bass fishermen that sudden weather changes could temporarily alter/halt the feeding habits of bass... not sure if it's the same thing for trout...

anyway... i was hitting deep holes with streamers.... felt a strong tug and i set the hook.... it was heavy.... i could tell it was a big fish when i saw it flashing in the water... but i didn't expect it to be...........
a pikeminnow. A HUGE ONE!:

i don't keep track of the pikeminnnow i've caught in my fly fishing career but i think this one could be the biggest one i've ever caught... 23 INCHES!:

i switched to a conehead muddler and after about 15 minutes of casting, i landed this nice rainbow... i'm guessing 15 or 16 inches:

then i had to go back to work.