View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 01:15 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Critique Video: 105' cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
I think people that can cast 100' consistently can also cast very well at 20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90'+
Agreed, but only if the person casting perfected their casts at the ranges listed before breaking the 100' mark.
I wish the video Flash Player would allow slo-mo or at least a usable stop and start to better see what is going on in the video.
What I did see in your video is a darn nice cast. It appears that you start your hauls a bit early in the stroke which is quite common. If you can delay the haul a bit it could help you gain a bit more distance.
On each of the casts in your video it looks as though you could have more line off of the reel than you did. It looks like you could have easily shot more line if you had it already peeled off.
Nice casts indeed. The real trick is getting distances like you did on a 5 weight!