View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 01:06 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Critique Video: 105' cast

Casting very long distances like this is more for saltwater fly fishermen casting from boats or on the flats (or just for those that are trying to eke out as much distance as possible just for their own enjoyment, which I totally understand as well). To need a 100' cast on the river seems like a very interesting situation or a blind cast for the heck of it. I could see an accurate 100' cast being useful for tarpon or other saltwater fish. I know that Peg was mainly interested in casting for casting's sake, but can anyone think of times they needed a 100' cast in freshwater? This isn't a "why would you bother" question, but more of a "crazy fishing story" question.

Relating to helping with the cast, someone posted a video from Leland Fly Fishing on here a week ago about distance casting that was excellent. If I can find it after dinner I'll post it, it may be of some help! I've never had a go at distance casting, I don't even know how to haul line yet, so I can't be of any help!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...