View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: How to make The Braided Connector For Your Welded Loop Spey Line;

Hi guys,

I used a leader very similar to this to cast streamers on brown trout for many years. Even using my 9' 5 weight I was able to produce what I now know as 'A single hand Spey Cast'. My 5 weight line had a braided connector attached so I used the 25 pound butt to make things rigid enough to support 24 - 36" of braided lead head in the middle. Then I looped an 8 pound tippet to the lead head and caught fish.

The length of weighted braid is so much easier to cast than split shot and the result is a deep running streamer fly right where you want it. As for the 25 pound butt, the longer the butt section, the deeper the leader runs.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;