View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 05:02 PM

comeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Broken Rod Poll; Edited, New Catagory added.

I've broken one rod, wet wading in tennis shoes (never do that again). It was luckily with about 15 minutes left to go before I needed to get out of the river and hike back to the truck. I slipped on a rock and held the rod in my right hand and that happened to be the side I fell on so smashed the rod (and hand ) on a rock.

The bad part of the story is I told myself never again , if I go down I will throw my rod out of my hand if possible. Fast forward to the following early spring and I am hiking down a icy bank (March in Colorado). I suddenly realized I was on a icy rock, right then my feet shot out of underneath me and I "threw" my rod so I wouldnt land on it. All was well , rod was fine I was scared gathered up my gear. As I gathered my gear I noticed my watch band was broken which wasurpsising since it is a heavy expensive metal banded dive watch. That is where it got ugly I notice my pinky was "not straight"

In my effort to save my rod I dislocated both knuckles in my pinky and broke it. The first knuckle the upper section was underneath the joint and the second knuckle was doing a 90 to the right. I was an hour drive from anywhere so I gritted my teeth and relocated both knuckles.

As bad as that hurt I think I wont do that again