View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 05:02 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Broken Rod Poll; Edited, New Catagory added.

I've broken one rod, wet wading in tennis shoes (never do that again). It was luckily with about 15 minutes left to go before I needed to get out of the river and hike back to the truck. I slipped on a rock and held the rod in my right hand and that happened to be the side I fell on so smashed the rod (and hand ) on a rock.

The bad part of the story is I told myself never again , if I go down I will throw my rod out of my hand if possible. Fast forward to the following early spring and I am hiking down a icy bank (March in Colorado). I suddenly realized I was on a icy rock, right then my feet shot out of underneath me and I "threw" my rod so I wouldnt land on it. All was well , rod was fine I was scared gathered up my gear. As I gathered my gear I noticed my watch band was broken which wasurpsising since it is a heavy expensive metal banded dive watch. That is where it got ugly I notice my pinky was "not straight"

In my effort to save my rod I dislocated both knuckles in my pinky and broke it. The first knuckle the upper section was underneath the joint and the second knuckle was doing a 90 to the right. I was an hour drive from anywhere so I gritted my teeth and relocated both knuckles.

As bad as that hurt I think I wont do that again