Thread: Amazed?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 03:38 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Amazed?

I have been a member of this forum for a considerable time now. I have looked at easily many hundreds of threads. Out of those threads, on a very rare occasion, I am amazed. A good example is the artwork that just came out of a post by Didgeridoo. By the way, his name comes from an Australian Aborigine musical instument. See here: Just awasome.
We have many members that inspire awe. I have determined from just a few posts that WJC may be the best technical distance caster on the forum. (Because nobody else has posted on it, my Canadian friend who casts unbelievable distances said 'he's right' ) and if he isn't recognized for it and it's because either there are people who have done a better job of remaining incognito, or we just are not paying attention. There are guys like Hardyreels who not only tie flies you know will work, but are works of art at the same time. He has also made the forum a better and more informative place just through his work and knowledgee.
I have become so much a fan of Ard's flies I know I could spot one any where. I'm sure I'm misspelling it, but Cicvara's flies. Same kind of thing. There are guys( and gals, sorry Joni) on this forum who every day, deserve our respect and our awe. I have mentioned a couple here, bet they are far from being the only ones who deserve our pat on the back. They don't ask for it, they sure don't expect it, but let's give them the cudos they so rightly deserve here. We have friends here we have never met face to face, but care deeply for them nevertheless. Ard went missing and I launched an interstate search for him. He's not then only one I have. Aroostookbassr had a serious accident and missed some time on the forum. He had a great excuse as well. He head a major accident, and was seriously injured. I for one am very happy he is making a recovery.
We have great memebers who for one reason or another refuse the recognition they desrvere. I want to force them to accept te recognition they should have with this thread.

For starters lets go with Ard. Here is a guy who can tie virtually any type of fly and fish it. WJC because lacking video but on the word of a friend of mine who can cast farther than any human I have ever seen....... by far, said so. Fysh, who despite his confused outlook on some things is an amazing flyfisherman. Joni, the furled leader redheaded goddes. JP fpr his uncanny recognitition of the the importance of the mustache and his sense of humor.

Tell me why you you think a member ( or not, maybe some other person ) deserves our awe.

My awe of the day goes to my Canadian friend who said to me just about 2 years ago to the day, "How do you cast those things?" I watched him take a Cabela's 3 forks rod $40 some dollars, I just got one one for less than $30 on sale) and a $10 K-Mart line and do a cast of 126'. The forum will not allow me to post what I said. I have a pretty impressive number if records, but my teaching my Canadian friend is one of the things if the most I am most proud of in fly fishing.

Tell us who inspires you and why.

(OK I'll tell you now he thinks there was a wind assist. but I watched him do repeated 116 - 117' casts with a 45 degree headwind and the only faults there were his ... He said but I will not repeat.

Last edited by Guest1; 08-08-2011 at 04:20 AM.