View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 03:49 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you Have a Favorite Fishing Situation?

Last week I was fortunate and landed some really nice trout while back on my home waters in the Poconos. But, when I relate my fishing adventures to friends, the first thing that comes out is some small headwaters fishing for native Brookies on one of the feeder streams of Broadhead Creek.

I started early in the morning last Friday and waded my way about 3 miles up from where the feeder empties into the Broadhead. Skinny water, pocket water, lots of overhang and undercut banks. And lots of Brookies.

I fished, exclusively, a #18 cream elk hair caddis and it was the right fly for the day. Pitching into the heads of the undercuts, the backs of boulders, the bases of small waterfalls, under the foliage on overhanging Rhodies. Whenever I hooked a fish, it was like my first one; just a lot of fun.

Largest fish of the day was, I think, about 8", which isn't bad for a native, feeder stream Brookie.

This is definitely my favorite kind of fishing; and probably always will be.

What's your favorite fishing situation?

Pocono