View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 05:29 PM

TexUte Fly will become famous soon enoughTexUte Fly will become famous soon enough
Default I did it finally!!!

so today i woke up around 12 still beat from a super late night at work and headed out to the river. i get the parking lot and DOH! i left my sunglasses at work so im going to be blind the whole day. i walk down the river for about 45 min and start working my way upstream with my elk hair caddis. right off the bat im getting hits on it! cant hook any of them so i keep moving up. well after about 45 min i get one!!! it was this little guy
Click the image to open in full size.
then i keep moving upstream and get this one!!
well i walk around the bend and start fishing a seam and then a BIG splash yep its on!! wooo!!! im fighting this fish maybe 10-12" long it jumps and fly fly comes floating back at me so i continue up and then another decent spash! fish is on!! and i get this one, was the biggest of the day.

after i caught that one i pretty much just walked upstream and casted, if something hit cool but i was done fishing. had a GREAT day finally catching something on dry flies. i think my problem was that i had to much slack in my line, the big fish that i caught i felt it pull the fly down back into the water where i had never felt that before. i think i know kinda what i need to do now and look forward to catching many more on my dries.