View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 09:59 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel thread

I love my bauers.....
Click the image to open in full size.
I have the MSL.5 on my 8' 4wt, the MSL2 for my 6wt, and the M3 on my 7wt. I just got the smaller reels but the M3 has been mine since 1994, but only got used for a few years before taking a long vacation touring different closets through the years. I actually just sent the M3 to Bauer for a rebuild and drag upgrade, took about a week and $62, including parts, labor, return shipping, and a new reel cover, it's just like new ready for the new rods I have for it.

I also realy like my Galvan Spoke 4 for my 5wt rod, and my Ross Canyon Big Game 4 for my 8wt rod.

I have a few others but the two reels I wouldn't think of selling or trading off would be my SA System 2 5/6l, and a J.C. Higgins reel I got from my grandfather along with an old glass rod. The J.C. Higgins outfit may not have alot of monetary value but it's worth millions to me. The SA 5/6l I got in 94(14th b-day), mom baught it, and I caught my first fish on the fly and literaly 100's of trout with it in my youth.