Thread: Great Products
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Great Products

Hey Texastroutbum, your axiom is the truth! A couple things: go to the Brodin website and in the "news / info" section you can find out about the Ghost bags - those are the clear plastic "nets" -- you can purchase only the bag and tie it onto your current net frame (they offer instructions). It's a pretty sweet option if you have a solid frame, for $25 it's a big upgrade. Second thing, if you come to Montana to fish the Gallatin (GAL-a-tin) make sure you do not ask for directions to the Gellatin River! Pretty sure you'll be sent somewhere far away.

As for shape of the net hoop, I am also curious as to why people choose what they do. In the end I think the most important aspect is practical - which shape appeals to your sense of aesthetics most and what size is best for your purpose.

But I do notice that the long narrow frame is often referred to as a "C & R" and not the teardrop hoops. I think this is because they are designed for the fish to lay relatively flat in the long, shallow net bag as opposed to the deep nets that curl the fish.