View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Trade my St. Croix Legend Ultra for a Legend Elite???

Hi nc1100c,

I have not cast the Elite rod. You said you have fished your Ultra several times but you didn't say how it worked for you. Since you are fishing a 3wt rod I don't think I would go any faster than the Ultra. If you are not having any problems with the Ultra I would stick with it. If you are having trouble casting the Ultra then I would suggest the Avid if you want to stay with St Croix. If you are just wanting a new rod that may be really good for your type of fishing, save your money and get a Scott G2. The Scott G2 in a 3wt would be a great rod for your type of fishing.

So I don't know if I have helped or not. One other thought is if you fish a lot of subsurface or Buggers, I would stay with the Ultra. What it comes done to is no one can tell you what rod is best for YOU. It has a lot to do with where you are in your trip we call fly fishing.

Frank