View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:27 AM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is there an AA group for this......

@Frank, I have tried fly tying and loved it! I could see it taking up a lot more time that in my current stage of life, I just don't have. What little free time I have, I like to spend it fishing. My local FFF club has tying every other Thurs. night and I go now and then, but mainly to comission ppl to tie flies for me! The life of a scientist is a hectic one, add a g/f and there isn't much free time!
Click the image to open in full size.
@Mac, I lived on the AL coast for 2.5 yrs while doing my master's research. I caught speckled trout, redfish, and flounder til I was blue in the face. My lab was right on the beach. So I could literally walk out the back door, catch a flounder, fire up the grill, and dinner was served! The occassional cobia and black drum too!
That's just a summary. But that was before my flyfishing days and like you I long to do it all again, but on the fly this time. However, something about those brown trout just really hold a special place in my heart. Too bad I suck at catching them!

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

I have no idea why my pictures aren't working all of a sudden. I will try to get it fixed at lunch. The add image is different now for some reason!

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Last edited by mrl0004; 08-11-2011 at 12:02 PM.