View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 06:32 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Airflow Line - Fast Action

I have recently been turned on to Airflow lines by a local fly shop in Wisconsin. I'd never given any thought to them in the past. I purchased the line and am anxious to use it.

I've soured on Rio lines over the past year. I clean the lines, dress the lines, etc., but they just haven't lasted. So I purchased the Airflow Ridge Line Supple Tactical fly line for my 4 wt. ZXL. I'll be throwing it next weekend for some spring creek trout. It is replacing Rio Gold.

On my Sage Z-Axis 9'4 wt. I use SA GPX. I get much better performance out of GPX line - weighted a half size hire than standard 4 wt. line. The line performs very well for me on this rod.

For my Z-Axis 9'5 wt. I just purchased the new SA Textured GPX line - to try something new. I was looking for an Airflow line to try for a fast action rod. From what I've read, the Airflow line recommended for fast action rods is the Ridge Supple Impact line - but it only comes in CORAL or WHITE! Just don't want to trout fish those lines.

That's a lot of background to get to my question - does anyone use Airflow line on a fast action rod that would use a Grand or GPX in Rio or SA - and which one?

Cheers,
Mike.

Last edited by chi flyfisher; 08-12-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: purchased Airflow line was incorrect