View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 11:34 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airflow Line - Fast Action

First off, if you don't like the color you can always dye it. Ard did a really good tutorial on the process. Second I have gone around and around with a few people over white lines. I think it is the best color to not spook fish. People generally look at this from the wrong side of the line. The angler's side. Fish see it from the fishes side not to overstate the obvious. Fish evolved white bellies because it makes them harder to see against the sky. I have several white lines and I line fish all the time. I still clobber 'em. I have a blue RIO which has a rediculous number of hours on it and is still in good shape by the way. It is another good color to line fish with and get away with it. If you line a fish with a darker colored line against a light sky it is going to be very visible to the fish. On the other hand I also get fish with bright Orange lines so color is most likely not as big a deal as some make it out to be. I still like white though.
dying fly lines