View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 01:39 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Big Streamers for Trout Swap

Mike's Red Rocket Olive 

Type of pattern streamer
Originator of pattern if known Mike Schmidt - Anglers Choice Flies
Tied and Submitted by Eunan Hendron
Level of tying experience needed to tie this pattern Intermediate, a little more complicated pattern, previous experience tying different types of patterns helpful.
Materials
Hook Gamakatsu B10S size 2(trail hook) and Size 1 (Lead Hook)
Beads 2 Glass Beads as spacers
Linker Beadalon 19 strand 0.018 "
Thread olive or black 3/0 or 140 Denier
Tail 6-10 strands Ocean Green Flashabou and Olive Rabbit Strip
Body Olive Estaz and Palmered Olive Schlappen Feather
Veil Olive Marabou
Cheeks Grizzly Marabou Natural
Head Olive Senyos Laser Dub
Eyes Holographic Super Pearl 3/8". In this pattern i used 5/32" eyes, which i think are too small
Special tying notes When tying in the linker, wrap the front hook with lead, tie in the beadalon and coat with superglue. Also when tying in the marabou veil, i found lately that wetting the tips of the marabou at the tie in point allows for much easier manipulation of the strands to form a complete veil around the whole fly, as well as make it easier to trim them off for the final tie in wraps.
Target species Trout

Addicted To Vise

Last edited by s fontinalis; 08-29-2011 at 01:26 PM.