View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 10:28 AM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all
Default Re: Making a dubbing brush

I created a thread not to long about the same thing. I needed to create some dubbing brushes for a fly called the Sleeze Burger. You can buy a device called the cyclone dubbing twister or something like that for $60. There was no way I was going to pay that for something I knew I could build.

Click the image to open in full size.

This is how I built it:
(You can make the dimensions as you want)

The base is 14.5 inches long x 5.5 inches wide.

The vertical piece of wood is 11.5 inches long with an inch and a half cut out

I then took a metal screw in hook and glued that into a .22mag casing. I drilled a hole through the post and drilled a screw into the butt end of the casing with a small piece of wood for a handle.

One the other end of the piece of wood I put a screw in place to hole the other end of the wire.

That is pretty much it.

I did find it difficult to get the rabbit to flare out so what I did to help hold the hair in place while removing from the hide is place a piece of double sided tape along the railing.

I havent tried to create a dubbing brush with dubbing I imagine its a little easier to work with.

Here is a youtube video of the Sleeze Burger being tied:

Hope that wasnt to confusing.

Tyler