Thread: Skinny Water
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 02:19 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skinny Water

I know there have been several threads lately regarding fishing smaller waters such as remote creeks and high elevation streams. I've enjoyed the pics and stories, so I just wanted to get another one going about some of my favorites in and around the southeast Idaho area. Since I am still on crutches and unable for the most part to access my favorite haunts, at least I am able to write about them and share some photos.

Birch Creek, ID. This water is a true spring creek and holds resident populations of both rainbow and brook trout. They don't grow too big, but they are a blast to catch. In its lower regions the F&G plant rainbows and manage it as a put-and-take fishery, but the upper reaches are full of wild bows and brookies. Here are the pics:

Click the image to open in full size.

Hope you liked it.

Kelly.