View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 05:25 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your Favorite Fishing Tale Tales

Many years ago in a different life I opened a sporting goods store, fishing equipment, bows and hunting supplies. We have all driven by these stores with gas pumps outside plus a few groceries.

Some local 16 yr old boys came in one day and bought a pound of black powder, no big deal this is rural america and I know every kid and his parents that hunt or fish. They come back in the store about 3 hours later and want to buy another pound of powder, no go boys what did you do with the first can, "we shot it all up". Now think about that for a moment, do you really want your dads to know that you lied to me?? "No sir, we are making a bomb to fish a pond and it didn't work" Boys you know I have to call your folks because this idea can kill you, "yes sir we understand".

I called one of the dads and he said to keep them their until there uncle arrives. The uncle (retired military) shows up gives them a good scolding and asked how they were making the bomb. After their explanation he tells them what they were doing wrong and proceeds to follow them out to the pond to demonstrate how to do it correctly.

The next day the dad and uncle come by during their lunch break, thanked me for the call and we all had a good laugh about it...I love rural america.

Dave