Thread: Skinny Water
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 12:25 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skinny Water

Great job all. Thanks for sharing those special places.

Let's show off another of my favorites in central Idaho that we fish from September through April and it boasts a healthy, and ofttimes, large population of native rainbows along with some resident brookies. An occasional kokanee will escape the reservoir and be found downstream in the fall during their spawning time. There is also a resident native population of mountain whitefish which are protected and must be released back into the water immediately. This is a tailwater and is used during the summer months for irrigation and flows at levels too dangerous for the wade angler.

This is Idaho's Big Lost River that runs into and out of Mackay Reservoir and through the town of Mackay and then disappears somewhere in the Arco desert area most years - just flat runs dry, thus the name of Big Lost River.

Click the image to open in full size.

That's just a small taste of the Big Lost River. A beautiful place to lose oneself.

Kelly.