Thread: patriot fire
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 05:01 PM

tlcrep will become famous soon enough
Default Re: patriot fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
My daughter was driving my Jeep Patriot today. She noticed some smoke coming out of the hood & pulled over to the shoulder & got out just in time. By the time the fire dept got there, 10 min or so, The car was completely engulfed & it burned to the ground. It was a 2007 with 14000 mi on it & was in perfect condition with no problems at all up until today. She said she smelled a little electrical smoke ( like burning plastic)just before & thought it was coming from the side of the road. It obviously started in the eng. compartment & was electrical in nature. I posted this for 2 reasons 1, to warn all other owners about a severe problem & 2, to ask if anyone else has any similiar experiences with their Jeep Patriots.
For what it's worth there was no fishing equipment in the car.
Your car comes with a new "world engine" developed by DaimlerChrysler, Hyundai Motor Company and Mitsubishi Motors. It is also in the Jeep Compass, Dodge Calibre, Mitsubishi Evolution, Hyundai Genesis Coupe.

So since these cars use the same engine, you may want to research them too.
To help you research the new engine in the patriot (which lets it get 29 mgs compared to 21 in a jeep cherokee) google Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance new "World Engine"