View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 09:00 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Upstream Nymphing: Slack or Tight Line?

Different strokes for different folks. Tom has his way of doing it that works for him, but it's definitely not the only way. I often fish directly upstream when nymphing, only I do use an indicator, but Tom's advice concerning stripping in line to match the current speed is spot on. Without bring in line as your drift moves back towards you, there will be a lot of slack, real fast. Not all water near the stream bottom is moving slower than surface water, depends on a lot of factors. Find the method that works for you and stick with it. I nymph with indicators, many do not. White bread, wheat bread, what do you like best?

Kelly.