View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fall Goggle-eye hole

No need to apologize, I don't think any one of us has time to learn all of the regional names for North American gamefish. Skipjack, perch, and shad all mean very different things through the country. Skipjack is a variety of tuna, but Texas coastal anglers call Ladyfish Skipjacks. (they don't look remotely alike either) Perch is a northern fish closely related to the walleye, but when Southerners go "perch jerkin", they're talking about sunfish. Shad are thought of as bait throughout the south, but there are shad that run up the Delaware and other rivers on the east coast that can hit 4 lbs. For that matter, "Bass Fishing" and the B.A.S.S. tour does not pursue a true bass, but rather a variety of sunfish. (striped bass, white bass, and all their cousins are true bass) No harm done y'all.

There are in fact some walleye's to be caught in the area Mike mentioned, but I think they're all down deep in lakes.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.